Keep Taking the Pills...

 

What am I looking for in meditation? 

Some kind of wisdom, or truth? Is it like finding a needle in a Haystack?

Or does one just need to find the Haystack?

The last straw will do it; the very last one, the one that shatters the ridgepole. If I keep on at it, I might get there in the end.

Everything is accumulative, learning does not take place without repetition, reinforcement, echolocation. Practice will get you everywhere.

By gently placing the attention, over and over, the mind gets used to whatever you are doing with it, and starts repeating the pattern by itself.

Anything you do every day will have a result. Just have a look during the day at what you are paying attention to, what you are doing with your mind, what you are thinking of over and over, and try to see what it is creating... or what has already been created by it. See how difficult it is to change! Replace what is not helpful with instead something that is helpful. I am fairly sure that is the only way to progress? 

If a haystack has ever suddenly appeared, without a lot of bits of hay being stacked first, I'll eat my straw hat!


Comments